26 November 2020- REF: Services Australia Website.
Join us to celebrate the International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD) on 3 December 2020.
This year’s theme is ‘Building Back better: toward a disability-inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-COVID-19 World’.
We’re proud to support IDPwD. We do this with the National Disability Strategy 2010–2020. This national approach aims to:
- improve the lives of people with disability, their families and carers
- create a society where they can fulfil their potential as equal citizens.
We have payments and services to help people with disability. They include:
- Disability Support Pension provides financial help if you can’t work
- Mobility Allowance helps with the cost of public transport.
We also help you find and keep a job by making referrals to Disability Employment Services.
Work Assist can help if you’re at risk of losing your job through illness, injury or disability.
You can access our services online and by visiting our offices.
Read more about:
- support if you’re disabled, ill or injured and looking for work
- our protocol for engaging with people with disability
- news for people with disability.
Watch our videos featuring Disability Champions.
You can also play your part to support people with disability. You can even host your own IDPwD event. Visit the IDPwD website to find out what you can do to promote disability inclusion.